It will be great recognition for every teacher while they received thank you gifts from kids’ parents.
Teachers play an important role in guiding the growth and development of a child.
Starting from learning the alphabets in nursery school, a child develops the skills in reading, writing and arithmetic.
The child then progresses to study literature, science, mathematics, social studies, and foreign languages in high school. All this growth in intellect would not be possible without the guidance and constructive support of the teachers.
As parents, we love both of our children’s teachers. They have both done above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our children are getting the best education possible in the current school system.
It is appropriate to show our appreciation to our children’s teachers by sending them a small gift.
We can certainly let the teachers know how much we appreciate them at any time of the year, most parents send teacher gifts on National Teacher Day (the Tuesday on the first full teacher appreciation week in May), at the end of the school year, or for Christmas holiday. This article provides some gift ideas for your children’s teachers.
- Teacher Gift Basket: There are gift baskets designed with teachers in mind. One such basket consists of a gift tote filled with an inspirational book for teachers, a coffee cup, a writing notebook, gourmet coffee, and a variety of gourmet treats.
- Homemade gifts for teacher. Handmade gifts are especially meaningful, and there are many gifts that your child can help you create that will be special and different. Creating a gift with your child will help him to learn about expressing gratitude to others, especially his teachers.
- Homemade treats: Everyone appreciates the hard work that goes into homemade goodies, from cookies to fudge, jams and jellies. But teachers tend to get overloaded with sugary snacks at the end of the year. Instead of brownies, consider sending a fruit basket, restaurant gift certificate or a seed kit for a summer garden.
- Thank you teacher cards/notes/letter. This is simple but meaningful teacher gifts, they will read your appreciation and concern from the teacher appreciation wording or poems on the card/notes/letter.
- Personalized Coffee Cups. A teacher can never have too many coffee cups, she particularly loves the travel mugs that easily ride along with her from home to school. You can send an attractive white ceramic coffee mug that come in many different designs to choose from. The mug can be personalized with the teacher’s name, grade level and subject. The teacher can use the mug for their hot drinks.
- Most female teachers appreciate vases and other ceramic dishes she can use around their living-room. There are wealth of gifts about decoration you can choose include the picture framed, perennial plant, window curtain etc.
- To help teacher prepare their garden for spring planting. Your kids’ teacher may have no enough time to prepare their garden beds and plots for spring planting. You can send them some gardening tools they need include shovels, spades, rakes, loppers, bulb diggers, weeds and plows and then give them the suggestion of how to prepare their garden beds and plots for spring planting during Spring Break.
- A teacher’s job can be challenging and stressful at times. And teacher rarely get a chance to look after themselves. Offer to babysit while she goes and get a relaxing massage, mud wrap and manicure and pedicure. If the teacher is a man, check with the spa to see if they have special services just for men.
- Give good suggestion about new hair style for your kids’ teacher, to help them have new spirit. You can invite them enjoy the hairdressing courses or training.
- Personal stationery: Teachers love your thoughtful stationery, and use them more than most other professions (they have to send them out for all of these great end-of-the-year gifts!).
In summary, teachers hold the important job of shaping the life of your child. You can show your appreciation by sending them a small gift at the end of the school year, on National Teacher Day, Teacher appreciation day or for Christmas holiday.