Every time during teacher-orientated holidays like Teacher Appreciation Day, occasions like day of back to school, day of end of school or the moment of teacher retirement, besides selecting an appropriate gift to beloved teachers, handing in a special appreciation letter with grateful words by your own handwriting would be a sincere plus to win teacher’s heart to thank their cultivation and instruction.
Whether you are students or parents of your children, it is always a personal but special way by writing an appreciation letter to express deep gratitude to teachers, school staff and professors for their hard work and support alongside.
Hence, the most important is surely to successfully write an appropriate while last impressing appreciation letter. Here below are steps you can follow to write a winning teacher appreciation letter.
Steps of How to Write Thank You Letter for Teacher
- First is respectful greeting. It is necessary to start with a formal greeting to our dear teachers, faculty and professors. Don’t open with a direct like “Hey Mr. Smith.” Instead, start with “Dear Mr. Prof. Smith”.
- Writing clearly and specifically about your unique experience or unforgettable moment with this teacher.
- Better to write by yourself rather than typing computer-font words, as no gift or appreciation letter can be more attractive than a personalized presentation.
- Write specifically your child’s growth because of the teacher and school education.
- Most of time Teacher Appreciation Letters are written by parents, but students in high school and colleges are able to write a Thank-You letter or note by themselves. On a blank paper or a gift card, tell your teachers how much you appreciated and benefited from his teaching and guide. Even you are encouraged to write a joint letter with your parent together to give a big “Thank-You”.
To visually demonstrate how to write a Teacher Appreciation Letter, a few of samples from students and parents are listed and wish you will be guided and inspired.
Teacher Appreciation Letter Samples
Thank You Teacher Letter from Students
I want to make you feel how grateful we are for having you. You taught me how to write, read, and count things that teachers usually would do to their students. However, you treated me not only as your students but as your child as well.
I want you to know that I treat you as my second parent although I give you headache-case stress sometimes. When you came and taught us, you nourished my hearts and minds.
I know that this isn’t enough to thank you for your good deeds. For the world you are one person, but for one person, you are the world! And that person is me. Thank you teacher!
I am writing to you today to thank you for teaching a great class this year. You always make dry subjects and serious knowledge interesting and fun, and I really love taking your class and learnt so much through last academic year. And I want you to know that you have been my favorite teacher since you became our class teacher. You not only teach in a different way to make us interested in learning, but you also understand our problems and help us find a best way to solve.
I am going to graduate next academic year but I will surely miss of you and things you thought me.
Teacher Appreciation Letter from Parents
I wish I’d had a chance to say a proper thank you in person to you for being such a fantastic teacher. Where do I begin? Probably before the school year even started, when I heard such nice things about you. Tom always has positive things to say about your lessons, from your animated storytelling to your funny dog stories and to your kindness on the playground. We appreciate you very much for our child getting a great education at school, especially he is happy with it.
Thank you for all your hard work. We truly appreciate it.
I’ve decided to write you a small letter to thank you for your help. You are an excellent teacher and have inspired our son to continue learning with an open and positive mind. I appreciate all your hard work.
Good teacher is the one who gives kids something to take home to think about besides homework, and you are exactly that kind of teacher. The dream begins with a teacher who believes in students, who tugs and pushes and leads kids to the next stage, and you are.
I have no good ideas to show our appreciation and recognition for you, there is nothing more valuable than a few words of gratitude to show my heart. Wish this letter brings you a happy Teacher Appreciation Day.
Teacher Appreciation Wording for Thank You Letter
You may be interested in using teacher appreciation poems or quotes to highlight thank you letter. Here are some heartwarming teacher appreciation wordings for your reference, which will be an addition to literary grace to your thank you letter or thank you notes for great teachers.
– Teacher Appreciation Wording